Nearly 500 local newspapers across the country are joining forces to find the nation’s most promising young businesses and help them accelerate their success with top professional advice from local business mentors.
Triangle HR has been selected by the Shropshire Star as one of four business mentors in the ‘Local Business Accelerators Campaign’, an initiative spearheaded by The Newspaper Society.
The campaign’s national ambassador is Deborah Meaden from Dragon’s Den who will become a consultant and mentor to the winning business for a year.
- Three Shropshire businesses were chosen to receive a day’s mentoring each month during January February and March.
- The mentors will then select one business to go forward to a regional event followed by the national final to be held in June.
- The businesses will also receive an allocation of free advertising in the local newspaper along with PR advice from the business editor.
Prime Minister David Cameron has given his backing to the campaign “The Local Business Accelerators campaign will help provide the boost that our smaller British businesses need right now.”
At Triangle HR, we are delighted to be so actively involved in such a worthwhile initiative. Having set up her own business, Justine knows first-hand the issues that new businesses can face and, with a broad client base, Triangle HR has a wealth of practical experience that we are ready to share with the mentees.
We are also thrilled to be working with the other business mentors:
- Thom Kennedy (Business Editor of the Shropshire Star) who will be providing PR advice,
- Turner Peachey Accountants (financial expertise), and
- Chris Jones (Shropshire Chamber) who will be mentoring in the fields of Sales and Marketing.